Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Welcome-

I will be documenting my adventures in my life here in small town, Tennessee. I recently graduated from graduate school and now I'm working at my first real job post graduation.

Also, I just happen to be "that girl" that everything happens to. You know when you think, oh that would never happen... Well it does, and it happens to me.

And if you are wondering what fatcats-ing means, don't worry you are not the only one. Only a few know what it means, and you will find out in due time.

Let me just start off with a story of yesterday/today. This just proves to be one of the only benefits of living in a small town. Ready? Ok here we go...
So yesterday on my way home from Walmart (yes there is a walmart), I hit a curb with my rear right tire after i turned onto another road. I heard this huge pop sound, and then the lovely sound of a flat tire. I pulled into a gas station and called my local "State Farm representative" to ask about roadside assistance. I talked to a local tire place and they came and put on my spare (I didn't know how, but now I do) and within 5 minutes from hanging up I was following the guy back to the shop. I got 4 new tires in less than 30 minutes. The price was a little better than anywhere I have ever gotten tires as well. After getting my new tires, I also realized that my car needed an oil change. I didn't feel like going so I waited until today to go. I pulled in to a quick change place. The worker said, "oh we don't do oil changes." Then this other worker came out and said "He's new. Sorry." I waited for about 5 minutes in the lobby then the "new guy" comes in and says we had just enough oil to do your car." And with that my car was done. This is probably one of the few benefits of living in small town, Tennessee.

There are more stories that have already occurred, and I will use them for the day when nothing happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment